Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

What we are called to do: What we are meant to do.





        Probably the 2 biggest influential people in my life, concerned as far as happiness towards the content I produce (i.e. work), and the subject of study that compels me to happiness: history and writing are none other than Jim Peitersen and Gary Vaynerchuk. Professor Jim Peitersen, a former teacher of mine at W.W.C.C., really propelled me towards the subject of history that I most favor in studying, writing as well as teaching; which is 19th century United States history. That being said, it wasn't until I watched a motivational video about pursuing one's goals and actively pursuing one's passion for work, that ultimately turned the switch inside me to find happiness for myself. Honestly, the things in life that bring me happiness are as follows: history, bodybuilding, writing, teaching, the Word of God, and my best friend Molly. For too long I have suffered at my own indignation of not being happy from within myself. As a result, my best friend suffered :(  Not to say that I didn't love my wife. She's the love of my life and I love her more than anything! But I was not doing the things that made me happy, which then spilled over into our relationship. It's now time to start actively and assertively doing the things that make me happy, what I was called to do by God, and what I was made to do. Then, and I know this at the core of my heart, Molly and I will be back together again; I will be happy, which will then make her happy, and I owe her an apology as well as to myself, for denying myself the truth and not doing the things in life I was called to do. Therefore, I am making a choice today that is considered by many to be unorthodox. We live once, respectively. And I will not waste another day slaving over jobs that deprive me of what I was called to do by God as a man. Things that deprive me of happiness. I am 29 years old. Today, I make that decision to grind daily towards my destiny. Then, me and my soul mate (see previous post about Molly from late March) will be together again. I love all of you. We live in the United States of America! This is my dream; and, I still believe this is the land of opportunity in a world that is increasingly hostile. Today is the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment